Friday, January 4, 2008

Pizza Night!

I have been holding on to this post for a while. (The computer was acting up when it happened) A few weeks ago, on a Friday, I asked Jim to get us a pizza at Papa Murphy’s on the way home. I got home, really looking forward to that pepperoni or Hawaiian, but when I walked in the door Jim said, really seriously, “You’re going to be mad at me” I said “why?” thinking something really bad was coming, he got a speeding ticket, lost his job or something even worse. Then he said something that I never expected, he said “I accidentally bought a stuffed pizza.” What? I was not prepared for this statement. Now keep in mind I do not really like stuffed pizza’s just because they are hard to bake in our oven and they seem to either burn or stay doughy but other than that I am OK with them. I had to ask “how did you accidentally buy a stuffed pizza?” and this was Jim’s explanation “well, I was going to order a Cowboy but then when I got to the counter I could not remember that, and I looked at the menu and saw Chicago and thought that was right.” My thought at this point was ‘how pretty was the cashier?’ But I let him continue, only smiling. I really started to laugh when he told me the rest of it. Jim goes “well, I thought the look she gave me was kind of strange (I knew it was a girl) when I asked for ½ green peppers.” I was laughing so hard at this point that I about peed my pants. I told him that I was going to blog about this but this is the first chance I got. We at ate the pizza and it was pretty good although a little doughy in the middle, but we were never able to tell which “half” had green peppers. I would give a large sum of money to have seen his expression when they handed him the pizza.
I hope that one day, a teenage, Little Miss reads this and can understand that her Dad has always been a nerd and is not just out to ruin her life.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Don't worry Cora, the rest of the family will also vouch that Jim has always been a nerd to Little Miss. I accepted that about my dad a long time ago and I am sure she will too! :)

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

That is tooo funny...
Glad that the pizza was ok to eat...
Hugs to you girly..
Love it..

 

Blog Design by Custom Blog Designs using Fruity Fizz by Flergs