Saturday, July 5, 2008

My First Dress

Ok, really it is a dress for Little Miss (I have had a dress before, really)but it is the first article of clothing that I have completed, made all by myself. Start to finish and done!! Complete with embellishment. I have never made button holes before never stitched a blind hem and I only needed Mom to rescue me twice. Pattern reading was the most difficult of tasks. I accidentally bought way too much fabric (like enough to make four dresses) but I guess I will make an extra or two for friends. And then I did not know how to clip the seams so things would lay flat. I was surprised at how fast it went together.

I am really happy with the result although there are a few things I will do differently next time. I am really proud of how it turned out. I will actually be happy to put Little Miss in the dress and say that I made it! Next, I will conquer ZIPPERS!! Ok, Calm down Cora, you were stepping out on a limb with buttons, LOL.


Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!
You did great..and it is soooo cute.. but will be cuter with Little Miss in it..
You can do zippers.. that is a piece of cake...LOL..
Have a Great Sunday..
HUGS>.

Jimh. said...

maybe you should try ties first...you know, lace ups...should be easy, just punch holes, right? Then let small underaged underpaid workers do it for you like Martha Stewart! I wonder if you can employ the neighbor kids...

Reall,y, though, it looks terrific. You are your own wrst critic. I love you and I cannot wait to se Little Miss in that dress!

Grandma said...

That little dress is adorable. I think little girls in dresses is the cutest thing in the world.

Donna & Andrew said...

What a cute dress! Good job. It will look beautiful on your Little Miss. Have a good one.
Donna

Anonymous said...

that is amazing!!!!
i cant believe you made it!!

kylee

Anonymous said...

Just have to leave my comment. You did a really nice job. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself too. So glad to see you sewing. Take care. Mom

 

Blog Design by Custom Blog Designs using Fruity Fizz by Flergs