Inspired to Bake



Diana inspired me to bake last night. It was a cold and rainy day and a warm treat was sounding better and better and then I learned of Diana's pumpkin cookies. I love pumpkin cookies, I have a recipe of my own that I love, but I would like to try hers as well, they looked delicious. I was not "pumpkin cookie ambitious," but a warm sweet treat was exactly what this house needed.

We had some apples from our Leavenworth trip, so apple crisp it was. Here is the recipe sort of:

apples cut and peeled
about 1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar more or less
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of butter

Fill your pan with apples ( I have no idea how many, I usually use what I have)
in a bowl mix the oats, brown sugar, spices and flour.
add the butter (I soften it it makes it easier) mix until crumbly
Cover the apples with the mixture and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or so.

Now, if you are like me, you forget to set the timer so when you check it after about 2 minutes 5 minutes 10 minutes you notice that you should have added more topping because your apples were gigantic. So you will have to quick-like mix up some more topping with out measuring a thing and add it to the apples and put back in the oven for 20 minutes.


It was fabulous!!!


Only one small causualty, my knife was apparently too sharp and quick for my fingers.


Comments

Kim said…
YUMMY... COLD.. I still have my A/C on...
Have a Great Week..
Hugs..
Now that looks DELISH and so easy! I was worn out after the pumpkin cookies!

We are having hear record high temps right now. Sleeping with our windows open in Nov...NICE!
Lorrene said…
I just happened to buy some apples yesterday to make a pie, but I think I like your recipe better. It sure sounds easier and quicker.
Jimh. said…
It was Yummy! But you shouldn't have pushed me way from having thirds! I could have finished the whole thing! Did I mention it was yummy? Oh, and so was dinner. You are one spectacular person to have around...even if you managed to wish me a happy election day first.
Alyson and Ford said…
Love apple crisp! Yummy!

Alyson
Mommy to Alyzabeth for Seven Weeks
LID 01/27/06
Lisa said…
Oh no! A cooking casualty! I'm sorry you nicked yo' fingo, Cora! But, your baking looked divine. I like cooking tips with pictures. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reading and Riding

Pictures!!