So it goes like this. I was planning on being late to work this morning because Chloe had a pre-op appointment she is having a minor procedure at the end of the month (more on that later). I got a call yesterday saying that they didn't need blood so they could just do a conference call. YEA!! I was not looking forward to the blood draw so that was great. The call was at 8:30, which is about the time I get to work so I decided to still go in a little late and just take the call at home. So as we are enjoying our leisurely morning, the chain of random events starts.
- I hear Gypsy knock over the baby gate thus preventing the dogs from exiting out the dog door.
- I smell a poopy diaper.
- I change the poopy diaper.
- I redress the daughter and take her to the living room
- I set her down and notice what I think is a small leaf on the carpet
- It is not a leaf...it is a small piece of dog doo
- Chloe steps on the "not a leaf"
- It starts tracking across the living room carpet
- The phone rings.
- Toby starts barking because he can not get outside
- Chloe starts crying because dog is barking and I am trying to keep her away from "not a leaf"
- So I answer the phone and the person probably thinks she has call a mad house.
I managed to get Chloe in the highchair, the dog kicked outside and answer questions about Chloe with out a melt down. Thank goodness I can multi-task and I clean "not a leaf" off of my girl's shoe, kept her busy with yogurt while completing her appointment. Although, I was a bit distracted and when the gal asked if Chloe was a full term baby I answered, I didn't know, with no follow up. The phone got a little quiet and she said slowly "Oh kay" Then I realized that this person would have no idea that my daughter was adopted and that what I said made me sound a little crazy, so I explained that she was adopted from China and that she had only been with us a few months. I think that turned me from crazy mom to just scatterbrained mom or at least I hope.
I got off the phone attempted to clean up the "not a leaf" but how come when you really need it the Resolve carpet cleaning stuff runs out? Seriously!
We just left for Nana's I needed to get out of that house before something else happened. Next time I have a phone appointment I am taking Chloe to Nana's first and the dogs are going to be locked outside.
Post #6 in Do They Have Salsa in China?'s Spring Fling. 30 posts in 30 days! Only 24 posts to go. Check out the other spring fling posts linked on M3's blog.