Things to Remember


Conversations with Chloe are starting to get really engaging. The girl has a vocabulary that I think is impressive for 3 and she is very skilled at negotiations.

In the morning Chloe usually asks if she can watch a video on my Kindle Fire. The deal is that is if she goes to bed with out a problem (no crying and staying in her bed) in the morning she can watch the Kindle if we have time. We don’t make it an issue at bed time if it's a rough night , it's a rough night. I don’t say things like remember you can’t cry or you won’t get to watch the Kindle because I feel there are some nights where crying is just going to happen and she doesn't need the extra pressure. However in the morning after a rough night if she asks I usually say remember that you cried a lot last night and had a hard time going to bed so I think that it is not a Kindle Day. This morning this is how the conversation went:

I walk in my bedroom and see her getting the Kindle:
Me: Chloe, I don’t think today is a Kindle day, you didn't go to bed in your own bed last night, remember?
Chloe: But Mom, I am just going to play a game not watch a video, just play a game.
Me: Chloe, It doesn't matter if you play a game or a video, you don’t need the Kindle this morning.
Chloe: Mom, is this really necessary? Come here (patting the bed next to her) Let’s talk about this.
Me: Did you just say “is this necessary”?
Chloe: Yes, is it? Let’s talk.
Me: No, go get dressed.

Later she comes out of her bedroom wearing a multicolored striped shirt, purple polka dot leg warmers and lady bug socks all covered by her Cinderella dress that she put on backwards.

Me: Are you wearing pants?
Chloe: No I have these! (pulls up dress revealing the leg warmers)
Me: Whatever, but you have to wear pants if you go outside to play.
Chloe: Otay, I feel so beautiful! (as she is spinning)   

I wish I would have taken picture. Here is what she looked like this afternoon.  She said "Take a picture Mom, put it on your blog"

Comments

Grandma L. said…
You can rest assured she won't have a problem getting through this life. Being beautiful is also a plus.

Popular posts from this blog

Reading and Riding

Pictures!!